January 25, 2012

Success at Last!!!

I am patting myself pretty hard on the back tonight, having worked in the studio from 10:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., taking a brief break for lunch and to pick up weasels from school and distribute them to their respective homes.  At long last, I made real progress on the project that has been nagging at me since before the holidays.

The project is an art journal, inspired by the most awesome Teesha Moore and her YouTube videos on the subject.  I ordered the watercolor papers and other supplies last summer (not that I procrastinate or anything) and started talking about working on the project after my sister returned to Minnesota after a summer visit.  She finished hers right away.  I kept trying to find fantastic papers, more creative inspiration, and the perfect paints.  Needless to say, that was just dumb.  After moaning this week about not getting anything done, I did as I promised myself and just went out there.  I moved my scanner and my fancy newish printer out there and got to work, scanning fabric and printing those images to use the paper for the edge of the journal pages.  Using the papers I made in a monoprinting class a couple of years ago, I scanned those pups as well and then tweaked the colors, creating multiple versions so I don't have to whack up the original.

While I still have to create the collage images in the middle of the pages, here are a few pictures of the journal with it's pages completely lined with borders.  Woohoo!

I know, I really do need a better camera, photography lessons and cleaner carpet.