March 23, 2011

Rough Seas

What a day.  I made what probably wasn't the best decision today, to skip working out (again) in lieu of studio time.  I'll cut back on the chardonnay tonight to make up for it!  :-)

I'm trying to address that artistic atrophy, blank brain thing I've had going on.  As I fussed about to my FB friends, I have been frustrated with the fact that my most recent piece of reminiscent of Muammar Gaddafi in an ugly and depressing wedding dress.  Convinced it was just wrong, wrong, wrong, I removed the fabric and started messing with wire salvaged from the ongoing garage renovation.  After some cursing, bleeding and rummaging through every tool in my bucket to wrestle wire out of it's rubbery coffin, I started to play.  The problem is that it still looks wrong.

I went back to my favourite spot for words of encouragement, our little roundtable, to re-read and really take in words of wisdom from my best cyber-buddies - let it go.  Just play without worrying, let it happen naturally, see what happens next and listen to the piece.  Boy, that's hard to do when I don't practice often enough!  Today, I'm doing my best.  The piece still looks a bit like Gaddafi, but I can play with that later.  Time to relax and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment