June 16, 2010

P.S. and apropos of nothing...

I read an article in the Sunday LA Times that began, "Laprise started his presentation by dumping a pail full of sand on top the conference table, alarming executives who worried about the wiring embedded in the table for PowerPoint presentations and technology demos. Armed with three rocks, a small wooden elephant and a flashlight, he spent an hour weaving a tale of a boy on a quest to locate meteors that have fallen from the sky and to uncover their meaning."  This is for a new controller-free game device for the XBox 360, from Microsoft collaborating with a guy from Cirque du Soleil.  Apparently, just body movements run the game.  All I could think of is what happens if you twitch or sneeze...a meteor strikes your car, your spaceship flips upside down...?  I don't know.  I can imagine a few problems playing this one.  And I'd make Laprise clean up after himself.  Artists.  Sheesh.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment