March 7, 2011

Studio Laughs

After a bit of a stretch without being creative, I decided that today was the day to get back in here and get something done.  I was actually inspired by a page in the Pottery Barn catalog that had a lot of artwork on a single wall in a living room, a look I like more than just that one painting floating on each wall around the house.

So I thought it would be fun to really play with the Bamboo graphics tablet that my son gave me for my birthday.  The first go with the tutorial was constantly interrupted, so I really needed to just play with it and figure out how the beast works.  The laughs I got this afternoon were priceless.  I mentioned previously the notion of getting even with my son when he's a beast by posting photos of him that he might not appreciate.  This is the best one of all!  Look what I can do!!!

Bahahahaha!  I'm going to take it down after 48 hours, but I couldn't resist sharing with the few friends I have that visit my blog.  If you can't really see it, the "skirt" is a mass of butterfly stamps (he has always been "startled" by butterflies) and the heart reads, "Mom."  He heard me laughing and interrupted his studies to see what was so funny and even he laughed.  He muttered, "Not nice," then turned his face away and tried to hide that he was cracking up.   I'm glad he has a sense of humour.

Just playing in here today has reawakened the "I need to make art!" in me.  It's been hibernating.  At some point I have to cook dinner (ugh), but will put it off and play in here for as long as I can get away with it.

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh Linda I have so many photos of my boys when they were younger some funnier than others.I love all this playing with gadgets I gave myself pink hair the other day with PICNIK perhaps it might be purple next.

    ReplyDelete