February 23, 2011

Working Out vs. Making Art

The last few months I've felt pulled too many directions and feel unfocused.  I want to make art, but I'm struggling so much with this stupid weight battle.  Since my wonderful husband joined Weight Watchers with me, I am actually making progress like I have never been able to manage in the past.  Working out is something I really hate doing.  My rosacea flares so I look like the tomato dude from Veggie Tales for hours, it takes up SO much time.  However, there is no choice right now.  It's either shed these extra pounds, or risk the very serious health problems that plague my family.

I vow to schedule a bit of studio time every day, starting with just 30 minutes (and running longer as time permits), treating that booked time as an important appointment.  I'm going to review advice from my mentor and get back to daily exercises to get my brain back on the creative track.  And my caboose will take up much less space on the studio chair at the end of it all!  Ha.

2 comments:

  1. The thing is Linda that I blame my weight gain on the fact I spend so much time sat down crafting or surfing the net looking for craft inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to say it was all the sitting I've done over the years, but the amount of wine and french fries/chips I was consuming had much more to do with it. Alas, I've given up the chips and work out like mad which I HATE, but I do. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete