May 2, 2011

When WILL I find time?

The "When I Find Time" of my blog title is so spot on these days.  After the PC was assulated by a wicked, wicked trojan that has kept me working on restoring it's life for DAYS, I've had little time to think about art.  Except for yesterday evening.

Long-time friends know that I come from one heck of a wonky family.  My parents were bonkers, and my relationship with my sisters was challenging because of that wonkiness.  In the past year, I've had the absolute joy and pleasure to get to know my older sister in a way that is completely new and foreign to me.  As she said when we talked yesterday (for more than two hours!), we are now friends.  For some people, I'm sure that this is a bizarre notion, NOT feeling friendly or close with siblings.  But we had a very challenging upbringing, a good sized age gap, and she was gone and on her own on the opposite coast by the time I was 13 years old.  That's a big bridge to gap.  We grew up with nothing in common but the same parents and siblings.  Quite literally.

How things have changed.

Lisa is a terrific person, happy and cheerful, positive and knows how to roll with the punches.  She's also a terrific artist.  She calls with ideas about things we can both do, with me in California and her in Minnesota, bridging the gap with the phone and computer.  I'm determined to find more of that artistic time so that we can share in creating together.  I've gotten great advice my my cyber-buddy Debbie to help steer the course and expect to make good on that adventure.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. I am so Happy for you and how wonderful to now have a sister to share art.

    ReplyDelete