June 5, 2011

Ditto

I still can't seem to find the time to make anything.  I've had a busy time with a long-time friend whom I haven't seen since 1974 visiting for a while, in addition to making home repairs, getting ready for a big party this next week (H's birthday), family visiting soon after that, then vacation.  Whoohoo!  We were quite serious about our New Year's resolution of returning to entertaining.  Seems there's a trade off that I hadn't thought about.

Today I received a survey request from an online source for inspiration as well as art supplies.  The survey asked the usual questions about age, etc.  Then there was a looong list of activities to tick off in terms of activities I'd done in the last year.  There were a lot of choices, but I didn't have many boxes to tick.  Oops.  The list was a reminder of all the things I COULD be doing, but haven't.  I was able to check off that I've sewn something, quilted something, purchased a bound book, made an ATC (along with something else that's skipping around in the back of my head that I can't recall...) and more that I wish I'd tried.  Another goal for the year!

As busy as this week is sure to be, I'm going to try to set aside just a pinch of art time.   What to do with so little time and so many choices?!?  Maybe just a few short sketches a la Debbie's suggested method, maybe an ATC.  In any event, I'll get a little something done.  Then it's party time!

No comments:

Post a Comment