August 27, 2011

Fibbing Can be Good!

I was happily plotting the design for the rocking chair I'm painting when my friend made a comment about painting fairies or something similarly girlie.  I don't paint fairies.  In fact, I really stink at figurative painting.  If I tried, I'm sure the auction attendees would wonder who thought a troll would be a good design on a little girl's rocking chair. 

Pawing through old magazines and children's books, I searched for inspiration for a fairy or some other super girly image to get my creative juices flowing that direction, but I just can't do it.  Maybe there's a way to make polka dots look like fairies.  Ha.

What's the worst that could happen?  I bought this unfinished chair at least ten years ago and it's just been sitting in the garage gathering dust.  There's a huge stash of paint in the studio, so there's been no big investment in materials.  I just got through posting about this being one of those projects that was stress-free for me, and now I'm stressing.  Time to let it go, paint what I want and pass it along, hoping the chair finds a home with a little girl that likes it as much as I do.  So there.  That, and I won't be at the auction to stress more.  I'll imagine everyone loves it and tell my friend to make up a ridiculously huge, big fat fib of a sale price just to make me feel better.  That' works!

No comments:

Post a Comment